Thank you for buying a ticket for the Xmas raffle in aid of Ruth Coppinger’s Election Fund. Please pay via the Paypal button below.
Ruth’s fighting record:
– Played a lead role in winning repeal and abortion rights. Organised a demonstration in Dublin to mark the 10th anniversary of the death of Savita Halappanavar. Ruth is working with others to call for a permanent monument to Savita.
– Ruth actively supports workers to organise and struggle – was on the picket line with the sacked Debenhams workers throughout their 406-day struggle.
– Against the profiteering causing the cost of living crisis, and advocating for workers’ unions to fight for wage increases. Tax the super-rich to fund supports.
– Challenging the teacher shortage in schools resulting in subjects and learning support dropped and our children’s education undermined.
– Standing against sexism and gender-based violence, and against the backlash being experienced by the LGBTQIA community and particularly the rights of trans people.
– Demanding the state build social and affordable housing and that any residential development must include 50% social and affordable.
– Organised a community stand-out against racism of 300 people in Ashtown in January, in response to the attack on homeless migrants.
– Convened an Anti-Racist Network for the D15 and D7 areas as a way for ordinary people to stand against the divisive approach of the far-right in our diverse community. Ruth fights against the long-standing and ongoing discrimination experienced by the Traveller community.
– Has organised numerous local protests and actions in solidarity with the people of Gaza and against Israeli State terror.